The need for foster parents is critical in Duval and Nassau counties. And good foster parents
know good people.
So please join us in spreading the word—and get an extra special thanks from Family Support Services!
Here's how it works:
- You must be an FSS licensed home in good standing and accepting placements
- Your referral must be received and the prospective foster parent (referee) must register by June 30, 2021
- The person you refer cannot be a former foster parent who is re-licensing or who is currently in the system of care (active FSS foster parent in Duval or Nassau counties)
- The referee must pass initial screening with FSS licensing, complete and graduate PRIDE training within 90 days of being referred, AND be accepted and licensed by the State of Florida
- The referee must become licensed as a teen home and/or large sibling groups at a Level 2 or higher to be eligible for the program
- The referee must take and successfully maintain first placement of teen or large sibling group within 45 days of being licensed
Referrals are accepted based on a “first-in” basis. If you or another FSS foster parent refer the same individual or family, the form received first will receive the credit. There is no limit on the amount of people you refer. Limit one gift card per newly licensed foster family. Gift card will be awarded after first placement.